Posted on Nov 17th, 2010 by elara
In these categories Disney, Matched, Movie News

Disney and Offspring Entertainment have formed a love connection over Ally Condie’s upcoming young adult novel “Matched.”

The Mouse House fended off Paramount in a bidding war to pick up the film rights to the soon-to-be-published book for the shingle, run by Adam Shankman and Jennifer Gibgot, to produce.

Penguin’s Dutton division will begin rolling out the first installment of the three-title futuristic fable to bookstores on Nov. 30.

The world revolves around a society that dictates what individuals read, watch and believe, and who they are partnered with during a Matching Ceremony that takes place on their 18th birthday.

Offspring is starting to go out to scribes to tackle the adaptation.

The project, with its love triangle and young characters, is being described as yet another potential “Twilight” for Disney.

SOURCE: Variety

6 Responses to “Disney Takes On the ‘Matched’ Trilogy”
LeeAnna on 11-4-2013 at 6:30 pm

It’s my dream to play Cassia! I has been my dream for a year now! I think about playing Cassia all day everyday!

Shea on 11-14-2011 at 5:39 am

Really Disney? The only good Disney movies have been the Pirates of the Caribbean films. Hopefully they will try something new with this book and not make it childish. It has such great potential. Plus, I’m hoping for a good battle scene in the second book.

LovelyNerd on 8-19-2011 at 5:03 pm

If they do, I hope they have someone good playing all the characters!!!!!!!!!!!! x

Deidre on 5-8-2011 at 9:17 am

Please, dear God, do not let Disney ruin Matched. That amazing little book never did anything to you except offer you kindness.

Kendra on 2-8-2011 at 7:44 am

I Agree! i don’t want Disney to Make the movie on Matched! they would totally Ruin it! It has alot of potential to be a very good movie!

Avery on 1-9-2011 at 5:44 am

NOOOOOOOOOOOO… DISNEY! WHY DISNEY! THERE GOING TO RUIN EVERYTHING! JUST LIKE THEY MIGHT DO WITH FALLEN! FIRST FALLEN NOW MATCH?!